My loves, grab your art supplies and join me on Instagram Live this Sunday May 3rd at 1 PM EST as we kickstart the Travel Write Draw Paint Challenge! At a time when we are unable to physically travel, I thought it would be so fun to PAINT travel our way through 5 different countries across the globe! Now more than ever we need to come together as a community and celebrate the beauty and diversity of the world! Sound like fun to you?!
First stop on our paint world tour is one of my favorite destinations in the world: ROME!! I can just taste the fresh olives, gelato, and Aperol spritz. I will be creating from the photograph ABOVE on IG Live while you create your own version too. Save this image to your desktop to reference during class and grab the following items.
Supplies for Sunday:
- Watercolor paper, white multipurpose sketch pad, or computer paper.
- 1/2 inch angle brush, size 5 or 8 round brush, and size 0 round for details.
- Primary set of watercolors, gouaches, or acrylics.
- Colored pencils.
If you are looking for a bit of inspiration to get you in the La Dolce Vita state of mind, be sure to check out a film or two from the list below before we meet on Sunday.
“Rome” Movies to Inspire:
- To Rome With Love
- Roman Holiday
- Eat Pray Love
- When in Rome (for all my Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen fans out there 🙂
- The Lizzie McGuire Movie (I’m not even joking. I heart Lizzie forever!)
You can also check out my article for Condé Nast Traveler on the “5 Common Mistakes Travelers Make in Rome”.
Wondering where the next stop will take us? Click HERE to find out!!