To my Travel Write Draw community, I really hope you are taking good care and finding a little bit of joy each day. So much is happening in the world right now and we’ve all been impacted – in one way or another – like never before.
For those of you who love to travel as much as I do, being confined to our homes means not seeing a new destination for the foreseeable future. But just because we can’t leave our abodes, it doesn’t mean we can’t travel with our minds, and there are many ways to do just that! Being in one place has allowed me to dive into my art, in a way that I wouldn’t be able to do if the world was at its steady pace.
So, in the spirit of embracing where you are, here are some of my go-to books, podcasts, films, creative classes, and body/mind/heart/soul resources that have been helping me to find inspiration at anytime, but especially now.
- Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Places to Go, People to See by Kate Spade
- Untamed by Glennon Doyle
- Life Will Be the Death of Me…And You Too! by Chelsea Handler
- Many Lives, Many Masters by Brian L. Weiss M.D.
- Conversations with Friends by Sally Rooney
- Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
- NYC Local Guides – Jennifer O’Brien interviews New Yorkers on how they are staying positive in quarantine.
- The Offbeat Life – Debbie Arcangeles dives into the offbeat life of remote creatives.
- The Highlight Real – Josephine Kimberling interviews creatives on their career.
- The Thriving Artist Podcast – focuses on the business behind visual arts in order to thrive.
- Under the Tuscan Sun
- Eat Pray Love
- Notting Hill
- A Bigger Splash
- Bridget Jones’s Diary
- Vicky Cristina Barcelona
- Sex and the City: The Movie, both 1 & 2
- The Darjeeling Limited
- Lost in Translation
- Berlin, I Love You
- Le Divorce
- Midnight in Paris
- 2 Days in Paris & 2 Days in New York
- Everyone Says I Love You
- Skillshare – offers beginner’s classes of all kinds including Creative Illustration: Draw Your Dream Vacation by yours truly, ha!
- Travel Write Draw Paint Challenge – painting from 5 destinations on IG Live for the next 4 weeks.
- Manolo Blahnik – the famous shoe house is offering coloring pages, The Art of Colouring.
- Jimmy Choo – is hosting Choo Sketch, a shoe design competition, where all proceeds from the collection will go to support charity.
Some of our favorite online shops for supplies right now:
- Maha Rose – a sacred space in Brooklyn that I have visited more times than I can count, is now offering it’s new age healing sessions online, including sound baths, reiki, breath work, and more.
- SkyTing – become a member of their SkyTing TV and you can stream yoga classes all day everyday from some of the best teachers in New York.
- Well + Good – helpful resources to stay balanced, especially at times of uncertainty, including breathwork meditation.
- AstroStyle – their daily/weekly/monthly updates from the stars are incredibly insightful during these unprecedented times.
- Cafe Music BGM Channel – these Youtube playlists are perfect for working from home, chilling out, or uplifting your spirit.
I hope you enjoy these as much as I do.
Stay home & be inspired.
With much love,