I have been dreaming of visiting Capri for years, drawing from it in my illustrations with the hopes of manifesting a trip there one day. Finally that day came this summer when I was just a simple 2.5 hr flight away to Naples from my designated home base in London. No excuses, I thought! I have to make this happen. And so I did. I gathered a great list of recommendations from friends and booked my ticket to this little slice of paradise. Below is a compilation of what I absolutely loved and think you will too.
What to Pack:
- Capri is such a fun and vivacious destination so pack loads of light printed dresses, scalloped shorts and crop tops. I found it really fun to layer on the accessories and looked to past Dolce & Gabbana ads for inspiration. It’s very hot here in the summer months so jackets/sweaters won’t be necessary. Also, the cobblestone streets and hills make it impossible to wear heels, so do yourself a favour and pack a variety of flats.
Where to Stay:
- Airbnb – anywhere in the centre of Capri. Most of these spots are a little older but that adds to the charm. Cabs are very expensive on the island so I highly recommend not staying in Anacapri so you can walk to most places.
- Capri Palace – if budget isn’t an issue, Capri Palace is an exquisitely beautiful option for you. Boasts an outdoor mosaic swimming pool and award winning spa.
What to See:
- Piazza Umberto – historic square and centre of Capri with really cute cafés and the famous clock tower. Stroll down the stairs and walk to your left for the most amazing view of the water.
- Boat Tour with Capri Blue – no trip to Capri is complete without a boat tour to the Faraglioni (three love rocks) and Grotta Azzurra (the blue grotto).
- La Fontelina Capri – by far the most beautiful beach club I have ever visited. Make sure to get reservations in advance for lunch because this place books fast.
Where to Eat:
- Villa Verde – right off the main square for incredible quintessential Italian
- Aurora – more than likely will catch a celebrity or two here 😉
- Il Geranio – epic view of Faraglioni
- Da Paolino Capri – the restaurant under the lemon trees
Where to Shop:
- Antica Sartoria by Giacomo Cinque – amazing printed shift dresses and accessories
- Carthusia I Profumi di Capri – really special fragrances and body products
- Canfora – beautiful handmade bespoke sandals are the perfect souvenir
Where to Play:
- Taverna Anema e Core – honestly I was not a fan of this place but people seem to like the Italian guitar cover band style so it might be fit for you.
- VV Club Capri – I danced the night away here to a mix of contemporary music.
- Sunset at Malibu in Anacapri – this is the perfect spot for a more quiet sunset drink.